Propeller is a collaboration between OTM and the North Wall.
The latest production to be part of the Propeller Programme is 'after birth' by Zena Forster
Read about Zena's experience as a Propeller artist here.
John Hoggarth, Co-Director at The North Wall says:
“We see the Propeller scheme as the perfect opportunity for us to really get to know local theatre- makers and to practically support them in getting their work in front of an audience at The North Wall. We are looking to collaborate with ambitious companies with the passion and energy to develop work and the courage to share that work with a paying audience. I believe that the best lessons in life are learnt through doing- our commitment to stage the final production needs to be matched with willingness to work with us to create a successful production. We hope the Propeller scheme will contribute to the sense of community amongst all those making work in Oxfordshire, recognising it as a place for artists to live and work and where audiences can access innovative new work.”
Anja Meinhardt, of OTM says:
“We are thoroughly excited about this collaboration between The North Wall and OTM, and delighted to introduce this new scheme together, which will provide Oxfordshire Theatre Makers with an excellent opportunity to develop great theatre with the support from one of Oxford’s brilliant venues. In kind support, paired with a consecutive run of performance dates in the theatre, and being part of an exciting programme of work, will make Propeller one of the things to look out for on the yearly calendar for anyone involved in making theatre – certainly an opportunity not to be missed! Directly in line with OTM’s commitment, to foster performance opportunities and support local theatre makers, this excellent residency will contribute to a thriving theatre scene here in Oxfordshire.”
If you are an Oxfordshire based company or collective and would like to be a part of The North Wall Propellor scheme this summer, please get in contact.
The North Wall offer includes:
• Dramaturgical and developmental support throughout the process from the Co-Directors of the North Wall.
• Inclusion in our Summer programme and associated marketing support.
• 5 days of rehearsal space: Studio available from Tuesday 28th May – Saturday 1st June
• 3 days of technical support with access to the theatre for get in Monday the 3rd- Wednesday 5th June
• 3 day run in the theatre- Thursday the 6th – Saturday 8th June.
• There is no hire charge for any of the above.
• Box office income will be split equally (50/50) between the company and The North Wall.